Growing up in the 1980s, we loved our funny catch phrases. Here are some of my favorite one-liners. Please be sure to add yours in the form of a comment. That's if you can remember one!
1. "If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?"
2. "No sh*t, Sherlock" meant, "Yeah, I know."
"F*ck off, Watson!" was the reply to the above phrase.
3. "Smooth play Shakespeare" or "Smooth move, Exlax" meant, "Nice going."
4. "Jinx! Buy me a Coke!" was said when you and a friend said the exact same thing at the exact same moment. There was an entire song and dance that followed this line. We learned it from a 1984 episode of Saturday Night Live, but I couldn't locate the video anywhere. Coke even used the line as the premise for one of their Super Bowl ads.
5. "I know you are, but what am I?" Pee Wee Herman loved this line!
6. "Say it don't spray it! Give me the news, not the weather!" was what we said if someone spit while speaking.
7. "Take a picture, it'll last longer" is what we said when someone appeared to be staring.
Purchase the "No Shit, Sherlock" shirt here.