I Should Be At The Goonies 25th Anniversary Celebration in Astoria, Oregon - But I'm Not, Which Sucks!
- 25 years ago this weekend, I was 11 1/2 (to kids, the half is very important).
- 25 years ago this weekend, it was with much anticipation that I witnessed one of my most favorite movies, The Goonies (favorite next to E.T. of course).
- 25 years ago this weekend, I went to see a film because I had a crush on Corey Feldman and left loving Sean Astin. Sean with his mop of auburn hair, freckles, braces, decked out all in Wrangler dark denim and sucking on an asthma inhaler--boy was he yummy!
- 25 years ago this weekend, I carried a mini tape recorder into the theater with me so that I could bring The Goonies home with me. I recorded all of the audio. To this day, I swear I can recite every bit of the script while watching the DVD.
- 25 years ago this weekend, I began pouring my allowance into Goonies movie cards, books, posters, anything I could get my hands on--much like I did with E.T.
- 25 years ago this weekend, began my summer love with The Goonies. Ask anyone I went to Hofstra University drama day camp with or my grammar school buddies. Summer of '85 I was all about those damn Goonies!
- 25 years ago this weekend, I adored Cyndi Lauper and her hit song "Goonies 'R' Good Enough". Check tomorrow's blog for the video.
- 25 years ago this weekend, I began writing dozens of letters to the stars of The Goonies. Take note, this was all I received in return:
|(click to enlarge)|
<-- Postcard from actor Ke Huy Quan who portrayed the adorable Richard "Data" Wang (did you know that his real-life little sister portrayed the little girl stomping her feet when Brand/Josh Brolin stole her bike?). That blank space is where Ke Huy was supposed to tell me what a great fan I was and sign. He didn't. Not sure why I saved it.
As you know, Corey did eventually send me a handwritten letter! This letter won me over and I soon forgot Sean Astin and was all about Corey Feldman again.
I wish I was at The Goonies 25th Anniversary Event in Astoria, Oregon, but alas, I'm unemployed and therefore didn't have the funds to join my lover Corey Feldman and co. and am stuck reading all about it in his Corey Feldman Wordpress blog instead.