|Back to the Future & Power of Love rocked |
Fourth of July Weekend, 1985
July 4th weekend in 1985 was totally rockin' ... Back to the Future just opened and I was lovin' this joint by Huey Lewis and The News. Anyone old enough to remember? Yeah, didn't think so... Man, I need some older readers!
The summer of 1985 was awesome for me... Why?
- I loved Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future and Teen Wolf both out that summer!
- I was both confused and excited by New Coke!
- I was sweatin' the three boys from Explorers!
- I smiled as the Live Aid concert brought in big bucks to feed hungry Ethiopians!
- I was thrilled Madonna married Sean Penn on my brother's birthday!
- I loved Bruce Springsteen that summer and only that summer with his Born in the USA tour in full effect -- note that is the only Bruce Springsteen album I have ever owned.
- The obvious -- too young to worry about boyfriends, careers, bills and school was out for summer!