Who could forget the miraculous didi Seven universal stain remover commercials from back in the day. This $14.95 tube of stain remover promised to work wonders on ink, pizza, blood, rust, wine and iodine (who spills iodine on their clothes anyway?) stains on clothes. I remember being impressed watching a man with blue ink-stained hands add a drop of didi Seven and wipe them clean. Amazing!
Five Fun Facts About didi Seven
- The product was released in 1963.
- Didi Seven was invented by German inventor, Walter Willmann.
- Willmann named didi Seven after a childhood friend, Edith "Didi" and his lucky number 7.
- Didi Seven is no joke! Oprah voted it one of her favorite products in 2003.
- The secret chemical formula is heavily guarded and thousands of tubes have been sold since the late 1980s.
Today didi Seven is still available and can be purchased on Amazon.com for only $11.97 -- odd how 24 years later and the price has actually gone down a few bucks.